By far this recipe has become one of our go-to's and I can see this recipe being used at the holidays as an alternative to mashed potatoes.
It's incredibly easy to make and packs a major flavor punch even for a low-carb recipe! We typically double the batch.
RECIPE: KETO TWICE BAKED CAULIFLOWER MASH
- 1 bag of riced cauliflower or 1 bag of frozen cauliflower steamed and ran through a food processor.
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese +1/2 cup for topping
- 5 strips of bacon crumbled or a generous handful or two of bacon crumbles + handful for topping
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of chives or parsley
Mix all ingredients into a baking dish or foil pan and combine well. Top with extra cheese, bacon, and parsley. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until cheese melts and lightly browns.
Flavor profile should taste similar to a loaded baked potato or loaded potato soup - you may want to add extra sour cream